Recipe by grantg
This recipe plus a package of slaw mix is a 10-minute side when any last minute meal is needed. Flavors do blend if made ahead and allowed to chill a few hours... makes a more juicy cole slaw if slaw mix and dressing are combined and allowed to chill a few hours as cabbage releases juices.
For the slaw
- 0 head cabbage, shredded (or finely chopped)
- 1-2 carrot, shredded (or finely chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
For the dressing
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml sugar or 29.58 ml Splenda granular
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar or 29.58 ml milder rice wine vinegar or 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 9.85 ml cream or 9.85 ml half-and-half cream or 9.85 ml milk or 9.85 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 0.59 ml finely ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If using a bag slaw mix, place the shredded mix in a medium bowl and set aside. If using fresh vegetables, shred or chop and combine in a medium bowl -- set aside.
- In a 2-cup measuring pitcher or small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until completely blended.
- Pour dressing over the slaw and fold to coat slaw mixture completely with the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and chill a few hours if possible to allow flavors to blend. May be served immediately and will keep well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Preparation Time is about 10 minutes if using the store bought slaw mix.