This recipe plus a package of slaw mix is a 10-minute side when any last minute meal is needed. Flavors do blend if made ahead and allowed to chill a few hours... makes a more juicy cole slaw if slaw mix and dressing are combined and allowed to chill a few hours as cabbage releases juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the slaw
- 1/3 head cabbage, shredded (or finely chopped)
- 1 -2 carrot, shredded (or finely chopped)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons milder rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cream or 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream or 2 teaspoons milk or 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1If using a bag slaw mix, place the shredded mix in a medium bowl and set aside. If using fresh vegetables, shred or chop and combine in a medium bowl -- set aside.
- 2In a 2-cup measuring pitcher or small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until completely blended.
- 3Pour dressing over the slaw and fold to coat slaw mixture completely with the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and chill a few hours if possible to allow flavors to blend. May be served immediately and will keep well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- 4Preparation Time is about 10 minutes if using the store bought slaw mix.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Cole Slaw for 2
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 394.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g