Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of those meals I fix when I haven't got much time. It uses ingredients I usually always have at hand. My BF loves it. Serve with pasta, rice or potatoes or just some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. This is enough for two people, but can easily be doubled. Or if you want some greens, just add frozen peas or some steamed broccoli florets for the last few minutes.
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 6 -7 medium mushrooms, cut into chunky slices
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup single cream (half and half)
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with a little water into a paste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (optional) or 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped finely (optional)
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add chicken, fry over medium heat until the chicken is sealed.
- Add onions and continue to fry until they are starting to become transparent.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Mix in the flour paste and bring to a boil, simmer till sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the cream and herbs (if using) and serve imidiately over pasta, rice or potatoes.
I have made this several times now and my family really enjoys it. Thanks for a great recipe!
Great, fast and easy. We like it with linguine
I made this tonight! I used regular chicken breasts and just boned and removed the skin. It was a quick, and delicious dish. I added some garlic along with the mushrooms and onions and a little green onion. I seasoned it a little more, but it is a good "base" recipe and was good for a work night dinner. I also used the browned butter noodles, and it was a great combination. DH said with a little marsala wine it would be a good chicken marsala. BTW I only used skimmed milk and it was still very tasty!