Recipe by -Sylvie-
This is one of those meals I fix when I haven't got much time. It uses ingredients I usually always have at hand. My BF loves it. Serve with pasta, rice or potatoes or just some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. This is enough for two people, but can easily be doubled. Or if you want some greens, just add frozen peas or some steamed broccoli florets for the last few minutes.
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 6 -7 medium mushrooms, cut into chunky slices
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup single cream (half and half)
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with a little water into a paste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (optional) or 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped finely (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and add chicken, fry over medium heat until the chicken is sealed.
- Add onions and continue to fry until they are starting to become transparent.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Mix in the flour paste and bring to a boil, simmer till sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the cream and herbs (if using) and serve imidiately over pasta, rice or potatoes.