Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice, warm comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 7 celery ribs, cleaned and diced
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in milk; return to simmer. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.