Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think I clipped this from an egg noodle ad. I have always used the green bean option. Try to make sure the noodles are reasonably in the liquid. You might want to poke them down during cooking when they become more malleable. I usually end up with a few crunchy noodles.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 3⁄4 cups wide egg noodles or 3 3⁄4 cups medium egg noodles, 6 oz. uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green beans or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets (tiny) or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In microwave-safe bowl, stir together water, milk, butter, bouillon, and parsley. Microwave at high 4 minutes or until butter melts.
- In 11X7 inch baking dish, spread uncooked noodles; pour hot liquid over noodles, stirring to coat thoroughly. Stir in chicken and vegetables; spread noodle mixture evenly in dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes, stirring half-way through baking time.
- Stir in cheese. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
My dh & I, both really enjoyed this quick and easy to make dish. Best of all it uses ingredients found in most pantries. I went with the frozen pea option. This dish was wonderful, had a nice flavor, was light and filling. Next time I will add sweet onions and some garlic to the mix (personal preference only) . Thank you so much for sharing this recipe which we will enjoy again. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.