Chef Dudo's Note:
Found this recipe in a supermarket food magazine. Altered it a bit to my taste (with spices). It's a good starter, lunch or even as a main dish with a sandwich. It freezes well which is a plus in my household.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large pan.
- 2Saute onion and ginger until soft, about five minutes, stir now and then.
- 3Add curry, stir to coat.
- 4Add carrots, garlic and bouillon.
- 5Heat to boiling, temper heat and let simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6Puree the soup in a blender, food-processor or hand-held blender (that's what I use).
- 7Now add coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- 8Let simmer for another 5 minutes and then add orange juice.
- 9Stir and reheat if necessary.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: