Recipe by Chef Dudo
Found this recipe in a supermarket food magazine. Altered it a bit to my taste (with spices). It's a good starter, lunch or even as a main dish with a sandwich. It freezes well which is a plus in my household.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry (madras)
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable bouillon (from a cube)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 orange, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Saute onion and ginger until soft, about five minutes, stir now and then.
- Add curry, stir to coat.
- Add carrots, garlic and bouillon.
- Heat to boiling, temper heat and let simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender, food-processor or hand-held blender (that's what I use).
- Now add coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes and then add orange juice.
- Stir and reheat if necessary.