Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
It doesn't get much easier than this! If desired you could add a can of whole or sliced mushrooms to the recipe. I like to add in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to the soup mixture, also if desired you can sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top the last 5 minutes of baking, and brown the breasts in butter firstly and reduce cooking time slighty.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- seasoning salt or white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, milk, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered for 50 mins-1 hour, or until chicken is done.
I think 1/2 cup of milk/water/or half & half is too much. I made this dish last night (with half & half) and it was delicious, but more runny than I would've liked. Also, I substituted the cream of mushroom soup with cream of broccoli (I hate mushrooms!)and it was so good! Pairs well with mashed potatoes or stuffing, and steamed broccoli.
Delicious and very very easy. The chicken was super-tender. Didn't have half & half, so I used buttermilk instead. I stirred chopped onions into the soup mixture before topping the chicken. Next time I'm going to try mixing in a little broccoli too. Yum!
Simplicity is the key here! You get a lot of tender, juicy chicken for a very little effort. I had all the ingredients on hand to make this dish. Even after a full day of putting away Christmas decorations and completely exhausted I was still able to put this dish on the table in a flash. Thanks for a quick and delicious supper, Kittencal!