Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
It doesn't get much easier than this! If desired you could add a can of whole or sliced mushrooms to the recipe. I like to add in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to the soup mixture, also if desired you can sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top the last 5 minutes of baking, and brown the breasts in butter firstly and reduce cooking time slighty.
Top Review by Schoolhouse Cooks
I think 1/2 cup of milk/water/or half & half is too much. I made this dish last night (with half & half) and it was delicious, but more runny than I would've liked. Also, I substituted the cream of mushroom soup with cream of broccoli (I hate mushrooms!)and it was so good! Pairs well with mashed potatoes or stuffing, and steamed broccoli.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- seasoning salt or white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, milk, chives, salt and pepper; spoon over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered for 50 mins-1 hour, or until chicken is done.