Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tasted these at a shower and loved them - never thought to get the recipe (I had never heard of anginettes so I thought they baked the cookies). I got a local church cookbook and there was the recipe! I've also had these made with frozen strawberries.
- 3 packages stella d'oro anginette cookies
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- With a sharp knife, cut off tops of cookies.
- Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer, add Cool Whip and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Fill cookies with a blob of cream cheese mixture and replace tops.
- I've been told they freeze well but I've never done it.
This is one of the best recipes I've found on this site. If I could eat nothing but these cream puffs for the rest of my life I'd be a happy girl! I followed the directions exactly, didn't change a thing. I agree, you could easily use 3 bags of cookies, as this made A LOT of filling. I made these today as a "first day of school treat" for my 2 boys, but these are so pretty, I'm going to make them for my sister-in-law's bridal shower too. Great recipe Jane!
These were awesome and very easy. I am usually a chocolate person, but I enjoyed the light, creamy taste of these. I did add a pinch of powdered sugar to the mixture to sweeten it a tad. My family loved them and I have quite a bit of mixture still in the fridge. Time to buy more cookies! Thanks for posting!!
I've been making these for quite a few years. I just made them last week and they got rave reviews. This is a quick and easy dessert that takes people by surprise. Very light tasting. You can probably use 3 pkgs of cookies.