Recipe by Jane*in*RI
I tasted these at a shower and loved them - never thought to get the recipe (I had never heard of anginettes so I thought they baked the cookies). I got a local church cookbook and there was the recipe! I've also had these made with frozen strawberries.
Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
This is one of the best recipes I've found on this site. If I could eat nothing but these cream puffs for the rest of my life I'd be a happy girl! I followed the directions exactly, didn't change a thing. I agree, you could easily use 3 bags of cookies, as this made A LOT of filling. I made these today as a "first day of school treat" for my 2 boys, but these are so pretty, I'm going to make them for my sister-in-law's bridal shower too. Great recipe Jane!
- 3 packages stella d'oro anginette cookies
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, cut off tops of cookies.
- Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer, add Cool Whip and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Fill cookies with a blob of cream cheese mixture and replace tops.
- I've been told they freeze well but I've never done it.