Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this from my pasta cookbook, almost any kind of nut will work in this but walnuts are the one from the recipe, plus I made this with them and it was soooo good! I used an extra 4 TB olive oil instead of butter, but I'm posting it as is from the cookbook. I used jarred parmesan for convenience. This so FAST and easy, you can make this right when the ravioli is cooking, after it's done cooking, or make it ahead of time. This matches up the best with spinach ravioli and squash ravioli.
- 36 pieces ravioli (6 per person)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled walnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (I use jarred, just as good)
- 100 ml heavy cream
- Grind up the nuts in a food processor completely.
- Add the butter and olive oil and pulse a few times until a nice paste forms.
- Add the cheese and pulse 2-3 times.
- Add the cream gradually and keep it on a continual blend until smooth.
- Put the cooked ravioli onto plates, and pour equal amounts of the sauce over it. The hot ravioli will heat up the sauce on its own after a few minutes.
A delicious, rich, creamy pasta! My boyfriend and family all liked it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!