Recipe by *~*Jennifer*~*
I found this recipe on a weight loss website. My family didn't even notice that it was made with fat-free ingredients.
Top Review by FoodieNicole
Great basic recipe, I love that it's mostly chicken broth, not milk or cream. However, since other reviewers said it was bland, I added thyme and poultry seasoning to the butter, onions, carrots, and celery. I also tasted after the recipe was finished and added a little more salt, a little more poultry seasoning and a couple tablespoons of sherry. Now the soup went from good to excellent!
Just add a little thyme, poultry seasoning, and sherry to make it magnificent!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 6 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and sauté onion, carrot and celery in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Stir chicken broth in gradually.
- Add rice, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for approximately 2 minutes or until soup thickens.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook for five more minutes or until soup is heated through.