Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very easy but very delicious soup for all the family.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 3⁄4 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 5 ounces cream (add to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Vegetables should be finely cut.
- Combine chicken broth, sweet potatoes, carrots and onion in a large pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add butter and garlic over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, cook 8 minutes
- Stir in orange juice, cream and salt and peppers.
- Return to low heat, cook 10 minutes or until heated through.
LOVED IT! Was delicious. Not overly creamy and not a strong sweet potato taste either, just perfect!
Made thisfor my daughter who is on weight watchers..she loved it..used fat free chicken broth..and 2% milk instead of cream..weight watchers margaine..still excellent..Thanks
This soup hit the spot. I changed it up a bit: I used Yams instead of sweet potatoes, put less garlic and added 1/2 tbsp. of minced ginger. I also added a dollup of sour cream upon serving, and it was fantastic. THANKS for your recipe. I will definitely make this one again.