1/1 Photo of Easy Cream of Potato Soup
This is from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook with just minimal changes. I live for potatoes and this is SERIOUS winter comfort food. I inhale this recipe so it probably would make more servings than 4 if someone else were serving it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan combine chicken broth, onion, potatoes and dill weed.
- 2Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Put 2/3 of the mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside with the unprocessed mixture.
- 4In the saucepan, melt the butter.
- 5Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once.
- 6Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in the potato mixture and cook until soup is heated through.
- 8NOTE: If you prefer a smoother soup, blend all of the potato mixture. Also try stirring in some grated cheese -- swiss and cheddar are great in this soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cream of Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 1011.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g