Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook with just minimal changes. I live for potatoes and this is SERIOUS winter comfort food. I inhale this recipe so it probably would make more servings than 4 if someone else were serving it.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- In a saucepan combine chicken broth, onion, potatoes and dill weed.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Put 2/3 of the mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside with the unprocessed mixture.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the potato mixture and cook until soup is heated through.
- NOTE: If you prefer a smoother soup, blend all of the potato mixture. Also try stirring in some grated cheese -- swiss and cheddar are great in this soup.
Great recipe!!! Delicious result with just a few simple ingredients. :) Will definitely make this again. :)
This was AMAZING soup!!!!!! Everybody who tried it LOVED it!!!!!!! My best friend said she was "on the verge of ecstacy!!!!!" :O haha! thank you for posting it, it's now my very favorite!! :3
This soup was easy and delicious.