Adapted from Frugal Feeding, but quite changed.
Make and share this Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese or 1⁄2 lb low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 T olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add 1/2 c sliced mushrooms. Saute until limp and browned, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat remaining 1 T olive oil and butter until butter melts and foaming subsides. Add onions and saute 1-2 minutes until beginning to soften. Add garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Cook until mushrooms collapse and exude liquid, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and sherry. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Add cream cheese and half-and-half. Stir until cheese is melted. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Simmer an additional 10 minutes. Serve with a few pieces of sauteed sliced mushrooms on top.
WAY to salty. Don't put any extra salt in and it will probably still be too salty.