Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of many variations of Easy Cream of Cauliflower Soup that I have made, but I think this one deserves it's own recipe. The addition of grated parmesan at the end makes it a bowl of "souper" comfort, especially if you love mushrooms! Really quick to make, too!
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese with vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute onions in butter til translucent.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute til tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cream cheese, stirring until mixed.
- Add parmesan cheese.