Recipe by Jessica Costello
Warm, comfort food, can be started on the stove then left in a crock pot. Great for winter pot lucks. Serve with bread or Crown Pilot crackers.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Love it! I really liked the flavored cream cheese; I used half of an 8 oz tub of light onion and chive. I blended a portion of the soup (just my preference). This was just the thing for a cold snowy day. I'll make this again.....and double it! Thanx for sharing.
- 946.36 ml cauliflower florets
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock (can use vegetable if preferred)
- 236.59 ml milk (or half & half or cream, whatever works for you)
- 85.04 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot melt butter.
- Saute onion until tender on medium heat.
- Add cauliflower florets. Saute califlower and onion for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and veggie mixture.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add stock.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add milk and cream cheese.
- Stir for about 10 minutes until combined and thick.