Another Carnation recipe
Make and share this Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Boil water in medium saucepan.
- Add broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender and drain.
- Place half of broccoli and chicken broth in food processor or blender, cover.
- Process until smooth.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- I like to cook the flour for a minute, stir constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add broccoli mixture and remaining chopped broccoli.
- Heat through and serve.
Quick and easy recipe. Really nice flavor. I added some chicken bouillon and garlic salt to taste and I threw the onions into the blender with the broccoli. Thank you Charlotte! I made this for the "Something Old, Something New" event - March 2009 :)