Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very easy, very delicious recipe for stuffed mushrooms. The amount of filling is quite arbitrary, as mushrooms vary in size.
- 8 fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut stems out of washed mushrooms, leaving the cap hollow.
- Sautee the stems and add them to your dinner, Mmmm!
- Mix softened cream cheese with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture so they are overflowing a bit.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
This was really good. I liked that it is a very basic and simple recipe but can be jazzed up in many ways. Would be great with seafood or a little spinich. I didn't want to waste the mushroom stems so i diced them up with some onions and sauted them in some olive oil then added them to the mixture. I also added some onion salt because I think it works well in cream cheese mixtures.
Very good, and very rich. I used minced garlic instead of garlic salt and baked for about 20 minutes. Yum! Thanks!
This recipe was ok but we felt it was a bit too heavy with all of the cream cheese. We tried making 1/2 with breadcrumbs mixed into the cream cheese and used fresh minced garlic. We liked it better with the breadcrumbs, but that's just our personal taste.