Recipe by Kimke
My mom's recipe for a wonderfully tasteful pound cake.
Top Review by RubySue
Great cake. Easy, moist, with excellent crumb. I topped mine with a glaze made from some left-over apricot syrup from another cake. People described it as a super good donut. The crust was delightfully crispy and the cake was oh so good. I also cooked mine longer - 35 minutes in the last section.
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (can use light)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, cream cheese& sugar together.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs (2 at a time).
- Beat a couple of seconds between adding eggs.
- Gradually add flour.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Grease pan well; sprinkle flour into the greased pan so that a light film of flour covers the entire inside of the pan.
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!
- Bake 1 hour at 300.
- Increase oven temperature to 325 and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Let cake cool.
- Put on cake plate and cover with foil to hold in the moisture.