Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a big 13x9 pan of brownies, using a brownie box mix. Super easy and looks gormet when you are done! (Be sure to buy the box mix that says that it makes a 13x9 recipe or you'll have problems.) The mix I use is by Betty Crocker.
- 566.99 g package fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
- 59.14 ml water (or what mix calls for)
- 78.07 ml oil (or what your mix calls for)
- 2 eggs (or what your mix calls for)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (water, oil, eggs).
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
- Place cheese mixture in dolups over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing inbetween.
- Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).
Loved this recipe. I added a pinch of instant coffee to enhance the flavor of the brownies. I also added 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. These brownies came out rich and moist!
Very yummy! This recipe needs no tweaking, and I followed it exactly as written (for a change). It's the perfect choice if you, like me, love brownies and love cheesecake. The cheesecake layer cooked perfectly while my brownie layer was still very moist, just the way I like it. Make sure that you do just what the poster said: just swirl it a little bit so that it doesn't get mixed up and it will be fabulous! I will make this often!
Great! Did add handful or semi sweet choc chips.
My mom used to make these topped with homemade chocolate frosting.