Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This makes a big 13x9 pan of brownies, using a brownie box mix. Super easy and looks gormet when you are done! (Be sure to buy the box mix that says that it makes a 13x9 recipe or you'll have problems.) The mix I use is by Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Tampa Chef85
Loved this recipe. I added a pinch of instant coffee to enhance the flavor of the brownies. I also added 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. These brownies came out rich and moist!
- 1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
- 1⁄4 cup water (or what mix calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or what your mix calls for)
- 2 eggs (or what your mix calls for)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (water, oil, eggs).
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
- Place cheese mixture in dolups over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing inbetween.
- Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).