This makes a big 13x9 pan of brownies, using a brownie box mix. Super easy and looks gormet when you are done! (Be sure to buy the box mix that says that it makes a 13x9 recipe or you'll have problems.) The mix I use is by Betty Crocker.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (water, oil, eggs).
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
- Place cheese mixture in dolups over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing inbetween.
- Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).
Loved this recipe. I added a pinch of instant coffee to enhance the flavor of the brownies. I also added 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. These brownies came out rich and moist!
I used "turtle" brownie mix and drizzled the carmel sauce over the entire pan when they finished baking and cooling; made them even more decadent.
So incredible and moist! I used dark chocolate brownie mix + added 1/2 cup swirled choco chips + 1/2 cup semi-sweet choco chips. Pretty and yummy!