Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful recipe received from a friend several years ago and it is always a hit at family gatherings. Warning: it is full of calories, but worth every fattening bite.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix with pudding or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup nuts, of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Beat together butter and 1 egg until smooth.
- Mix in dry cake mix just until crumbly.
- Pat mixture down in pan and sprinkle with nuts.
- Beat together cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, powered sugar, and vanilla and pour over mixture already in pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned.
Excellent. I couldn't find a cake mix with pudding in it, so I bought a plain white cake mix and added a box of instant vanilla pudding.
This was okay and is basically a variation on gooey butter cake.
Very Good!!! I got rave reviews when I made it for my playgroup moms. Next time I am going to try serving it warm with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the easy recipe!!!