Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very quick and easy recipe that is bouncing with flavor. It sounds like it might not be good with all the processed cans and cheese, but it's wonderful! I first had it as a very hearty soup that will have you going back for seconds. My husband and I often eat it as a sauce over rice or pasta since it's so rich and it makes it last a lot longer. If you can't find Cr of Onion soup use onion soup. My Mom adds 2 cans of sliced potatoes to the mix, I don't.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 lbs crawfish tails (I usually use 1 pound of crawfish and 1 pound of shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Saute onions, garlic,and pepper in 2 Tabsp. of oil until clear.
- **If using shrimp, saute shrimp in skillet with garlic and butter until pink. (4-5Min.over med heat)
- Add soups and milk, stir until well incorporated.
- Add cheese and spice & cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring pretty frequently so cheese does not burn on bottom.
- Add corn and crawfish tails. Cover and cook on low heat another 30 minutes.
Made this recipe exactly as written and was very very pleased with how great it turned out. Next time, however, I will change the evaporated milk to the fat free version and find other ways to cut corners to make it more diet friendly.