1/2 Photos of Easy Crawfish Bisque
Very quick and easy recipe that is bouncing with flavor. It sounds like it might not be good with all the processed cans and cheese, but it's wonderful! I first had it as a very hearty soup that will have you going back for seconds. My husband and I often eat it as a sauce over rice or pasta since it's so rich and it makes it last a lot longer. If you can't find Cr of Onion soup use onion soup. My Mom adds 2 cans of sliced potatoes to the mix, I don't.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 lb Velveeta Mexican cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 lbs crawfish tails (I usually use 1 pound of crawfish and 1 pound of shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1Saute onions, garlic,and pepper in 2 Tabsp. of oil until clear.
- 2**If using shrimp, saute shrimp in skillet with garlic and butter until pink. (4-5Min.over med heat)
- 3Add soups and milk, stir until well incorporated.
- 4Add cheese and spice & cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring pretty frequently so cheese does not burn on bottom.
- 5Add corn and crawfish tails. Cover and cook on low heat another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crawfish Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.0
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 302.9 mg
- Sodium 2400.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 58.6 g