Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The walnuts add a delightful twist (and flavor!) to this simple, 4 ingredient traditional holiday favorite. This is from my Great Aunt Linda; she made this for Thanksgiving and we could not get enough of it!!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped finely into bite sized pieces
- Make the jello according to quick set method on package.
- Pour into a 13 by 9 inch pan.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well; cover and refrigerate until jello has set, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir again so that the solid mass breaks up. Yummy!
This dish is often served at holidays in our family. We add 1/2 cup finely chopped celery - sounds weird but it's good!