This is a very easy way to make cranberry sauce. Try to use orange juice if possible, it really brings out "life" to the cranberry sauce. This is a fantastic recipe for cranberry sauce, I make it all the time for holidays, you can prepare this well in advance even days ahead, cover and refrigerate. If you are doubling the recipe then make in two separate microwave-safe bowls, don't double the recipe into one bowl or it will overflow in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a 3-qt microsafe bowl; mix well.
- 2Cover with wax paper.
- 3Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir well; recover with wax paper.
- 5Microwave another 5-7 mins longer until cranberries pop, and sauce has thickened.
- 6Let stand, covered until cool.
- 7Transfer to serving bowl and chill for 3-4 hours.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cranberry Sauce - Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 91.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g