Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my old recipe cards. I love this dish. Serve with rice and a veggie.
Make and share this Easy Cranberry Glazed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Rub chops with garlic (I use garlic powder), and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat butter in skillet and brown chops well on both sides.
- Add apple juice; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is fork tender.
- Place chops on a broiler pan and set aside.
- Drain pan juices into a bowl through a strainer and stir in the cranberry sauce, apple sauce and cloves and beat with a whisk until well blended.
- Spoon mixture over chops and broil until mixture bubbles.
- Serve with more sauce if you like.
This recipe really surprised me. I thought it would be too sweet, and that I would get complaints. Nope - my husband, who is the pickiest eater ever, said "This sauce is the sh**!" Well, vulgar as that may be, is the highest compliment coming from him. I heated the sauce and used it to put over the rice, but didn't make any other changes. Since I have quite a bit of canned cranberry sauce in the pantry, I can totally see myself making this again soon. In addition to the rice, I served this with Frizzled Cabbage.
I am famous for ruining pork chops and rarely make them because they are always dry. I found a pack on sale and decided to try it once more. These were moist and flavorful. The family devoured them. My 2, 5 and 7 year old kids all asked for more. Though my husband and oldest son didn't like the sauce, they did like the flavor of the pork chop and easily removed the sauce to eat the chop. I call this a keeper.
I loved this! My oven is not working so I doubled the sauce and simmered the chops for about 40 minutes on the stove top in it. Very moist, tender, and full of flavor! Plus it smelled good! Thanks!