Recipe by graniteangel
I've been making these bars since I was a kid. I used to bake and sell cookies and cakes for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year from about 9 years old until I was well into my teens. Everyone loved these.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Wonderful, wonderful bars, these are, but then I'm a big fan of the cranberry, & they are great with the cream cheese! Definitely something to make again & again! Thanks for sharing your keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix, butter, 1 egg and pecans. Mix until smooth. It will look like cookie dough.
- Line a 12x8 glass dish with dough.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until crust is set, but not browned.
- Cream the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 egg.
- In separate mixing bowl combine cranberry sauce with nutmeg.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over top of crust, making sure to spread evenly.
- Spoon cranberry sauce into three horizontal lines. Run a butter knife through cranberry sauce into cream cheese mixture to create swirls.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.