Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe uses cranberry sauce and canned apple slices for a quick pie! Taken from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, 1972.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, orange peel, and cranberry sauce in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over med heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gently stir in apples & remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 of pastry into bottom of pie plate.
- Spread cranberry mixture over pastry & dot with butter.
- Cover with top crusts (with slits cut in it for venting).
- Seal and flute pie crust.
- Cover edges with foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil last 10 min of baking.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes or until crust is brown.