Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is a great recipe I got from my sister, every time her daughter was to bring some for me to try she ate them all before she got to me! These are great and addicting, so be for warned!
- 5 (2 2/3 ounce) packets microwave popcorn
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 3 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Spray a large roasting pan very well with oil and set aside.
- In a large pan combine butter and Karo; add brown sugar when butter has melted. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once boiling starts set timer to 10 minutes.
- Pop all 5 bags of popcorn (I use lite) and pour into a very large bowl sprayed with oil ( I use a small deep tote).
- When sugar mixture is ready remove from heat and add vanilla, mix well then add soda and mix well.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and mix very well with a large wooden spoon (mixture will be very hot so be careful not to get on hands). Pour popcorn into the roasting pan and bake at 250°F for one hour.
- Pour cooked popcorn back into the deep tote and break up carefully with the wooden spoon. Continue to break up with the wooden spoon as the corn cools keep in a large sealed baggie.
We tought this was better than the original boxed