Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Great make ahead appetizer!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) jar old English cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (shredded)
- 6 English muffins
- Let butter and cheese stand at room temperature.
- Mix together with mayonnaise, garlic salt and seasoned salt and beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add shredded crab meat and blend.
- Spread on split muffins, cover and freeze at least 15 minutes or up to several weeks.
- Before serving, cut each muffin into 8ths and broil until bubbling.
These were real good! I remember my mother making something similar to this recipe when I was teen and I wanted to try them. I am really glad that I did. Placing them under the broiler really gives them a great flavor and texture. I plan on serving these as an appetizer for Christmas dinner.