Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
When i was younger, my favorite restaurant in Tulsa was Peking Garden. One of my favorites menu items they had was Crabmeat corn soup. Unfortunatly, the place went out of business and i was pretty bummed. Years later, i came across this recipe. It's not quite the same, but its pretty darn close!
- 283.49 g can creamed corn
- 295.73 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 170.09 g crabmeat, shredded (immitation crab works fine, too)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Mix together first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir in crabmeat and lower the heat to a simmer. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg whites. Make sure the soup is hot enough to cook the egg whites through.
Yummy! I added too much soy sauce (so the picture might be off!), but it was still tasty. Hubby wanted it to have a little KICK to it so I added some Cajun seasoning.
So easy, quick and delicious! Followed the recipe exactly. Used fresh crabmeat. Yum!!! Made for PAC Fall 2009.