Recipe by gimme_a_spachler'
When i was younger, my favorite restaurant in Tulsa was Peking Garden. One of my favorites menu items they had was Crabmeat corn soup. Unfortunatly, the place went out of business and i was pretty bummed. Years later, i came across this recipe. It's not quite the same, but its pretty darn close!
- 1 (10 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat, shredded (immitation crab works fine, too)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir in crabmeat and lower the heat to a simmer. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg whites. Make sure the soup is hot enough to cook the egg whites through.