Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is an awesome recipe. I'm not sure where it came from, but I make it all the time, and it's so simple.
- 1 (5 ounce) jar old English cheese, made by kraft (velveeta or any other cheese spread will work also)
- 6 English muffins, sliced
- 1 can real crabmeat or 1 can imitation crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- combine cheese, crab meat (drained),garlic salt, mayonnaise, and butter/margerine.
- you may need to beat it with an electric mixer to make it semi-smooth.
- spread evenly between the english muffins halves.
- cut each half of english muffin into quarters.
- place the quarters on a baking sheet.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until slightly brown.
I made a variation of this with everything the same but adding 1/2 T of Nature's Seasoning Seasoned Salt. Absolutely one of the quickest, easiest appetizers I've made.
I make this also and it is excellent. I use a package of English muffins and cut the butter in half. I mix mine by hand to leave it a little lumpy, spread on the muffins halves and put in the freezer for 1 hour. Then I remove from the freezer and and cut each half into 6 pieces. Then it is back on the cookie sheet to freeze solid. When frozen I put into ziplock bags. When wanting to serve them, I take whatever I need out of the freezer, put onto a cookie sheet and place under the broiler until browned or bake at 400 degrees until puffed and golden. I have only used real crab, as we are lucky enough to catch our own. Thanks for posting.