Serve with a basket of crackers.
Make and share this Easy Crab Cocktail Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb backfin crab meat, picked over
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- Place cream cheese on plate.
- Pour cocktail sauce over cheese.
- Place the crabmeat on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Great to throw together when you need an appetizer at the last minute. I added some finely chopped onion and garnished with parsley. This is good warmed a little bit, too. This will be one of my "emergency stand-bys." I know you're not with us anymore, Miller, but your recipes live on!
I also used canned crab meat and served on cocktail breads.
This is absolutely delicious. A woman in my book club served it with "lite" Ritz crackers, and I couldn't stop eating it. Her version was slightly different in that she used chili sauce mixed with a little horseradish, and she also used canned crabmeat. But in the multiple times I've made it since, I've always done it exactly as Miller has described. I wish I had some right now!