Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In bowl, combine red pepper, green onions, mayo, lemon juice, seasoned salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in crab, egg, and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (mixture may be sticky).
- Divide and form mixture into 4 balls.
- Roll crab balls in remaining breadcrumbs, flatten into cakes, about ½ inch thick.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Fry crab cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Makes 4 servings.