Recipe by Nicole Can Cook!
These are delicious crab cakes that my mom makes..I think she got the recipe from a co-worker. It goes well with a black bean soup.
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine red pepper, green onion, mayo, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in crab, egg, and 1/3 c of the breadcrumbs (may be sticky).
- Divide and form mixture into 4 balls.
- Roll crab balls in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Flatten into cakes about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and fry crab cakes 3-4 min per side, or until golden.