Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From: Favorite Brand Name Casseroles & One-Dish Meals
Make and share this Easy Crab Asparagus Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces crabmeat, shredded
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, cut into 1 in. pieces and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, cooked
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 10 inches quiche dish or pie plate. Layer crabmeat, asparagus and onion in prepared pie plate; top with cheeses. Season with pepper to taste. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and eggs; pour over cheese mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until filling is puffed and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve hot.
Very good! Easy. Ingredients worked well together. Baked in dish that was smaller in diameter 9 1/2 inch so it was thicker and needed to be in oven longer--40 minutes. Thank you for sharing.