1/1 Photo of Easy Corned Beef for Deli Sandwiches
9 hrs 10 mins
A fool-proof way to keep your corned beef from crumbling when you slice it! Wrapping it tightly when hot is the secret. Now you can cook corned beef that makes those lovely sandwich slices you get from the deli. It slices well with a sharp knife, but for perfection, use an electric slicing machine. Great for Reuben sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove brisket from vacuum packaging.
- 2Remove visible outside fat and wash.
- 3Place in crockpot.
- 4Add pickling spices and the beer.
- 5Cook on High for about 6-8 hours.
- 6(You may wish to turn the corned beef once).
- 7Continue cooking until beef is tender but not falling apart.
- 8Total time will depend on size of roast.
- 9Gently remove corned beef from crockpot, keeping it in one piece if possible.
- 10If any chunk of beef falls off, just place the 2 pieces together before wrapping as instructed below.
- 11Scrape off any outside fat, using a very sharp knife.
- 12TO KEEP BEEF FROM CRUMBLING DURING SLICING: Immediately wrap the hot corned beef in plastic wrap, wrapping it as tightly ACROSS THE GRAIN as possible.
- 13Snugly fold ends of plastic to completely encase beef.
- 14The heat from the beef may/will"seal" the plastic wrap and keep corned beef moist.
- 15Put wrapped beef in a Zip-lock bag and REFRIGEATE.
- 16When ready to serve, thinly slice across the grain with a sharp knife (not serrated) or an electric slicing machine.
- 17NOTE: I usually turn the crockpot ON when I go to bed, and the corned beef is ready when I wake up.
- 18I wrap and refrigerate it, and it's perfect for lunch-time sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Corned Beef for Deli Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corned beef brisket