Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the recipe my mother gave me and is a big family favorite. Simple and easy.
Make and share this Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and cube potatoes; chop up cabbage into nice size chunks.
- Place potatoes and cabbage into a large pot, filling with water until cabbage is covered.
- Heat on high heat to a boil. Season with salt then lower to medium high, cooking until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and return to stove on medium low heat.
- Add butter and corned beef, stirring until both are incorporated and heated through.
I used TJ's already prepared corned beef (not sure I want to try canned) and served this with horseradish and sour cream for the potatoes (didn't feel like it needed it, so skipped the butter). It definitely works in a pinch.