Wonderfully easy and so delicious. I used a spritz of cooking spray and a container(3 ounce) real bacon pieces instead of bacon. I served this with some buttered noodles.If serving 6, use 2 cans corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using bacon, cook in a large pot over medium heat until almost crisp.
- 2Remove bacon and set aside.
- 3Add butter to the bacon grease and melt.
- 4Add cabbage and stir well until well coated with the fat.
- 5Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper.
- 6Cover pan with lid and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- 7Chop bacon into small pieces.
- 8Chop corned beef into chunks.
- 9Remove lid from pan.
- 10Scatter corned beef and bacon.
- 11Cook until desired doneness.
- 12Begin by adding just a small amount of water.
- 13As cabbage cooks, if it needs more liquid, then add more water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.2 mg
- Sodium 1173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g