Recipe by mandabears
Wonderfully easy and so delicious. I used a spritz of cooking spray and a container(3 ounce) real bacon pieces instead of bacon. I served this with some buttered noodles.If serving 6, use 2 cans corned beef.
Top Review by Aunt Maria
Just made it this morning for the third year in a row. I use a half-pound of deli corned beef; I tell the guy behind the counter to slice it in one half-pound chunk and then I slice it to my preference before cooking. I love how quick, easy, and delicious this is!
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bacon, cook in a large pot over medium heat until almost crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add butter to the bacon grease and melt.
- Add cabbage and stir well until well coated with the fat.
- Add about 1/3 cup water, and salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with lid and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop bacon into small pieces.
- Chop corned beef into chunks.
- Remove lid from pan.
- Scatter corned beef and bacon.
- Cook until desired doneness.
- Begin by adding just a small amount of water.
- As cabbage cooks, if it needs more liquid, then add more water.