Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make for the holidays, a perfect, inexpensive first course.
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup light cream
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan add butter and oil.
- Sauté the sweet red pepper and onion until tender but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and continue to cook over very low head for 2-3 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk stirring continuously to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Place 1 cup of corn, cream and the soy sauce in a blender on medium speed until smooth.
- Next add the corn mixture to the soup as well as the remaining corn. Continue to cook until heated through.
- If desired sprinkle a little parsley or nutmeg on top for garnish.