- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn oil
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together corn and egg. Add dry ingredients. Stir slowly to blend well; do not overbeat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, one layer at a time. Fry about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and dust with powdered sugar if desired.