Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
--Adopted Recipe-- Note: Cooking time allows for frying in several batches.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn oil
- powdered sugar
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together corn and egg. Add dry ingredients. Stir slowly to blend well; do not overbeat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, one layer at a time. Fry about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
this is an extremely simple, easy dish to make and a very nice substitute for the normal mashed potatoes and gravy usually served with fried chicken.
I tried this recipe and I feel that the salt kills the sweetness of the corn.
Wonderful...my mom used to make them for us growing up but not with cream corn. These were so good I had to make 2 batches. Thanks for the great recipe.