Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Easy Corn Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- Drain the liquid from the the canned corn. Measure 1/4 cup of it, and discard the rest.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the corn juice you've just measured and the eggs.
- Use a whisk to beat them smooth.
- Add the salt, flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix really well, until there are no lumps.
- Add the drained corn and mix again.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease or margarine in a large iron skillet over medium high heat.
- When the fat is hot, it's time to drop in the fritters. I drop about 1/4 of a cup of batter for each fritter, cooking about 3 or 4 together in the same pan. Fry them just like pancakes, turning them, after the under side is crispy brown. They cook a little slower than pancakes, because they are thicker.
- After they have browned on both sides, transfer them to a plate to keep warm.
- Add more fat to the pan as necessary.
- This recipe makes about 8 or 9 fritters. I usually double it because they are so popular.
- I serve the fritters with applesauce, or Pancake Syrup or just plain with more margarine for the kids. They can take the place of both starch and bread in a meal. For lunch, or a light supper, make Scalloped Tomatoes, Corn Fritters, and serve fruit and yogurt for dessert. Delicious!