Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love homemade corn chowder and this is my own recipe that I use often substituting for real potatoes. My husband never had a corn chowder befor and loves this as well!!! This recipe makes a lot and is great for freezing in individual bowls and reheated for quick lunch or dinner served with a sandwich!!
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen corn
- 1 lb maple bacon
- 16 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 gallon whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- In large skillet brown bacon till very crisp and place cooked bacon on paper towel lined plated to set reserve all bacon fat.
- In large pot add all but 1 cup of the milk the potatoes and corn crumbled bacon and the fat from the bacon cook till just beginning to boil.
- with reserved milk mix with corn starch and add to pot to thicken.
- Bring back to a boil and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Serve in bowls with a side of crusty french bread!