Chef #1802585519's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love homemade corn chowder and this is my own recipe that I use often substituting for real potatoes. My husband never had a corn chowder befor and loves this as well!!! This recipe makes a lot and is great for freezing in individual bowls and reheated for quick lunch or dinner served with a sandwich!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet brown bacon till very crisp and place cooked bacon on paper towel lined plated to set reserve all bacon fat.
- 2In large pot add all but 1 cup of the milk the potatoes and corn crumbled bacon and the fat from the bacon cook till just beginning to boil.
- 3with reserved milk mix with corn starch and add to pot to thicken.
- 4Bring back to a boil and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- 5Serve in bowls with a side of crusty french bread!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Corn Chowder #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 386.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion