Recipe by jdubb07
My dad gave me a recipe book at Christmas a few years ago called Slow Cooker Recipes and this recipe is in it. I make this all the time now because we love it! I like to make it on a Saturday or Sunday to smell this soup cooking in my crock pot all day. Nothing like a good cup of hot soup on a cold day.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth, corn, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, salt, black pepper and coriander into slow cooker. Cover; cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Partially mash soup mixture with potato masher to thicken. Stir in cream; cook on high, uncovered, until hot. Adjust seasonings, if desired. Garnish with bacon.