Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The family and I are going light and I found this in Cooking Light. I haven't tried this, but I wanted to put it here for later.
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, no-salt added, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn, no-salt added
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt, fat free
- cooking spray
- Prehat oven to 350.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.
This was a surprisingly yummy recipe! It came out gooey and sweet- the perfect side to spicy green chile stew. I used one egg instead of the egg substitute and drained the whole kernel corn.. It took about an hour to cook and was still a little underdone, but I live at a really high altitude so I will just add a little flour next time. My whole family really liked this. Made for Pick a Chef Fall 2012.