Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My siblings are older than me, so when I was young and my parents were working, they used to cook for me. My brother was and is, in my eyes, the best chef in the world, aside from my mother. My sister, however, is a little culinarily challenged and she used to make whatever was easy. This is one thing she used to make all the time that stuck to me. It reminds me of when I was little.
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) packet gelatin (whatever flavor you like)
- prepared graham cracker crust
- Make the gelatin as directed on the box. Once it's done, let it cool a bit, about ten minutes.
- Once it's cooled down, mix gradually with the Cool Whip. (I don't use the whole container of Cool Whip, I leave out a few tablespoons or else it will overflow and spill. Sometimes, I will mix it all and whatever cool whip is left over, I place in 1 cup plastic containers to take to work for lunch. it's yummy! just an idea).
- Pour it into the crust and place in refrigerator until set. I usually serve this with fruit to compliment the flavor of the gelatin.
YUM!! I used lemon gelatin, and made my own crust. It didn't quite set very well, so I think i might add a half of a block of cream cheese to the mix. I will make this again!
I found this exact recipe on a chat site. Made it Sunday with Sugar Free Black Cherry Jello and Sugar Free Cool Whip and a Chocolate Graham Cracker crust. Tasted Great! It set up in four hours and held together wonderfully-jiggled like Jello, did not weep, and even my sister who hates Jello said she would eat it again! Score!