I've experimented with a lot of salsa recipes and this is, by far, my favourite. It doesn't take too long to make (especially if you have a food processor to do the chopping) and is just right for spice -- a little kick but not so much that your tongue falls off!
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add the jalapenos, sweet peppers, garlic and onion.
- Sauté until everything is soft but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are quite soft and starting to pack down in the pot, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes more to give the flavours a chance to mix together and the water to boil off.
- When the salsa is as thick as you like it, add salt to taste if needed and let stand for at least one minute.
- Stir well before serving.