Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've experimented with a lot of salsa recipes and this is, by far, my favourite. It doesn't take too long to make (especially if you have a food processor to do the chopping) and is just right for spice -- a little kick but not so much that your tongue falls off!
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add the jalapenos, sweet peppers, garlic and onion.
- Sauté until everything is soft but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are quite soft and starting to pack down in the pot, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes more to give the flavours a chance to mix together and the water to boil off.
- When the salsa is as thick as you like it, add salt to taste if needed and let stand for at least one minute.
- Stir well before serving.
Excellent! I only made half the recipe and I added a little more vinegar. We loved it.
very good! we trialed this salsa on elementary school students because we are looking for healthy recipes to sell in the cafeteria in place of ice cream, and they loved it!
The only change I made was cut the recipe in half...Sorry, I did not like it. But no lost grow all these things in our garden.