Recipe by Taylor in Belgium
Very simple method to make your own grape juice if you have too many grapes or if you would like to try making your own fresh tasting grape juice.
Top Review by farmchick #2
My sister and I made this last fall. It is really good. You can use between 1 and 2 cups of grapes per jar, and it didn't make much difference. We added sugar to hers (really yummy), none to mine, still good but not sweet. When I open a jar I add stevia to taste...really yummy;) less calories. This is the recipe my husbands grandma used with plenty of sugar...back when he was happy to eat all things sweet.
Directions See How It's Made
- In sterilized jar place 2 cups grapes.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fill to top with boiling water.
- Seal jars at once with 2 piece lids. Process in water-bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove from canner and keep out of drafts(cover with a towel). Next day remove metal lid-bands, and label with date and contents.
- Let juice stand 3 to 4 weeks before using.
- Strain juice from grapes and use juice.